© 2014 Archant Community Media Ltd
- Discover Britain
- Food & drink
- Homes & gardens
- Celebrity interviews
- Competitions & offers
- Life TV
March 12 2014 Latest news:
max temp: 14°C
min temp: 5°C
Mon Apr 02 11:17:13 BST 2012
This delicious herby new season lamb with minted peas serves four and is a perfect spring dish...
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC, 180ºC fan, gas 6.
2. Spread the mustard over the lamb. Mix together the parmesan and parsley and sprinkle over the top.
3. Put on a baking tray and cook for 20 minutes for medium, or 25-30 minutes for well done. Rest for 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile cook the veg.
4. Place the potatoes in a pan of cold water. Bring to the boil and cook for 10-15 minutes, until tender. Drain and mash with the butter and milk. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
5. For the peas, cook in a pan of boiling water for 3-4 minutes until tender.
6. Drain, reserving 1 or 2 tablespoons of the water, and return to the pan.
7. Add the mint, crème fraîche, lemon juice and reserved water, and crush with a potato masher.
8. Carve the lamb into cutlets and serve with the veg.