18 times Norfolk was prettier than a Christmas card
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk is beautiful all year round but sprinkled in frost and snow it looks even more breathtaking. We gather some pictures that show Norfolk when it’s prettier than a Christmas card
1. From snow covered cobbled cottages in Blakeney…
2. … to the frost-kissed ruins at Castle Acre…
3. … to Cley-next-the-Sea, Norfolk takes on an ethereal beauty in the winter months.
4. Whether it’s the iced River Bure in Coltishall…
5. … or the snow dusted Elsing Hall…
6. … or Dereham Windmill at sunrise.
7. The grounds of Oxburgh Hall look gorgeous after snowfall.
- 1 Afternoon tea delivery in Suffolk
- 2 Which flooded village lies beneath Ladybower Reservoir?
- 3 Photography focus: 5 stunning Yorkshire Dales landscapes
- 4 Take a tour of Cornwall’s picturesque harbours
- 5 Celebrate the famous women born in Norfolk and Suffolk this International Women’s Day
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 How to be a flexitarian
- 8 Afternoon tea deliveries in the Cotswolds
- 9 6 of the best home workouts to try
- 10 12 beautiful photographs of daffodils in Yorkshire
8. Bure Valley Railway at Wroxham Bank is transformed into the Polar Express.
9. Everyone loves Jarrolds’ Christmas lights in Norwich when the weather turns cold.
10. Golden winter sunshine envelopes the stunning stately home Holkham Hall.
11. Taking the train from Norwich to Sheringham on the Bittern Line is a breathtaking experience too.
12. Horsey Windpump is enchanting at sunrise.
13. There are plenty of cosy pubs to escape from the cold.
14. Hunstanton beach in the snow is a tranquil place for a post-Christmas winter walk.
15. Typically a summer image, beach huts in the snow are just as charming.
16. Ludham is a peaceful winter wonderland during the colder months …
17. … and the same goes for Neatishead.
18. So go exploring in the North Walsham Woodland because there’s so much to discover in Norfolk in wintertime.
See our Christmas section for more festive inspiration!