24 reasons to spend Christmas in Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
When there’s so much festive activity in Herts, why go anywhere else to enjoy your Christmas?
1. You can hide away in a cosy pub, next to a roaring fire …
2. … after a ramble through the countryside rich with winter hues.
3. There are plenty of Christmas events happening, including Christmas light switch-ons.
4. Enjoy festive goings on at Herts’ grand stately homes such as wreath making at Ashridge Estate …
5. … a vintage market at Hatfield House …
6. … or deer spotting at Knebworth House.
7. You can pick up some handmade gifts from a Christmas market …
8. … or at an independent boutique.
9. From the winding streets of St Albans and Tring’s mismatched houses …
10. … to the pretty villages dusted with frost …
11. … there is always somewhere new to discover.
12. We have some fantastic restaurants and country pubs to enjoy a delicious Christmas Day lunch.
13. Or maybe you’d prefer a cocktail bar to celebrate with friends? We have those too.
14. There are breathtaking landscapes from Ivinghoe Beacon in the Chiltern Hills…
15. … to the Lea Valley.
16. We have nature reserves that are so atmospheric in the winter.
17. Churches that are steeped in history make a contemplative day out …
- 1 Win a holiday for two on the Isles of Scilly
- 2 Sussex pubs with beer gardens to visit this summer
- 3 12 of the best places to eat al fresco in Yorkshire
- 4 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 5 16 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 6 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 7 Great pubs with pretty beer gardens in Kent
- 8 Win a selection of Provence Rose wine
- 9 10 pubs with pretty beer gardens in Canterbury
- 10 21 of the best places to eat al fresco in Hampshire
18. … and a fantastic Christmas carol service.
19. Once you’ve finished exploring, you can indulge in a festive afternoon tea at a local café …
20. … or sip on a pint of real ale as you watch the winter landscape from a cosy corner.
21. We are so close to London …
22. … but a world away from the hustle and bustle.
23. So stay at home in Hertfordshire with your loved ones this Christmas.
24. And if you are coming from afar – welcome!
See our Christmas section for more festive inspiration