- Credit: Archant
Carnglaze Caverns ~ A great place to visit whatever the weather
There are three caverns of cathedral proportions, hand created by local slate miners. During your tour you will go about 150m into the hillside and 60m below ground, via a flight of 60 steps. In the lower chambers you will find the subterranean lake with its crystal clear blue/green water.
Self-guided tours are available for much of the year but in high seasons guided tours may be in operation as there is a limit on numbers allowed in the lower Caverns at one time.
The Caverns at Carnglaze are set within an ancient Oak Woodland with a Woodland Walk & Enchanted Dell where there is a magical collection of limited edition bronze faeries, mushrooms & dragons. Walk through the Terraced Garden to see Shanhara and her faery friends, where seasonal streams and a waterfall add to the enchantment. Then follow the woodland path to a panoramic view of St Neot village before looping back to the main site: a round walk of approx. 25 mins.
- 1 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 2 Who is the real Hampshire soldier behind BBC Two's new drama Danny Boy?
- 3 13 beautiful riverside pubs to visit in the Cotswolds
- 4 7 magical bluebell walks in Devon
- 5 6 wonderful seafood restaurants to visit in Yorkshire
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 7 Five hot new restaurants opening in Sussex
- 8 Bluebell walks in Dorset: 8 of the best places to go
- 9 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 10 A 5.3 mile circular walk around Sandwich
Concerts and events are held underground in the first Cavern, The Rum Store
Weddings are held in four distinctive locations around Carnglaze
The Caverns are at a constant 10°C (very refreshing on a hot summer’s day), so a jumper and sensible footwear are recommended.
Coach Parties & Group Tours are welcome by prior arrangement, including evenings, throughout the year. Groups of 20 or more, paying as one, attract a 10% discount.
Dogs on leads with careful owners are welcome at all times in all outdoor areas (assistance dogs only underground).
Open All Year Monday ~ Saturday 10am~5pm (8pm Aug)
Adults £6; Children 3 to 15 £4; Concessions £4; Family Saver Ticket £17.50 (2 Adults+2 Children)
Carnglaze Caverns, St Neot, Liskeard, PL14 6HQ
Phone: 01579 320251