5 Christmas meals out with a difference
- Credit: Archant
Enjoy an alternative Christmas in Cheshire, Manchester and Liverpool
Where? Hoole, Chester
What’s on the menu? Gary Usher is one of the most innovative chefs on the region’s dining scene and while meat eaters can feast on a crispy pig’s head terrine followed by turkey breast and roast potatoes, he’s conjured up something a little more unusual for the vegan diner. There’s a starter of whole roasted cauliflower, capers, raisin and spiced apple salad and for mains hay smoked carrot, orange, crispy sesame tofu and caraway.
Cost? Three courses, £24
Where? 2 Castle Street, Liverpool, L2 0NA
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 5 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 6 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 7 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 8 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 9 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 10 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
What’s on the menu? Their rather bonkers Christmas Dinner Pizza is being served at this funky Brazilian pizza joint. The Christmas special pizza has (ok yes) turkey, cranberry and a pigs in blankets topping. For vegans there’s a whole separate menu of meat-free toppings that include falafel and curry sauce, salt and pepper tofu, spring onions, chillies, sriracha and char sui toppings.
Cost? Christmas lunch, which includes sides, a dessert pizza and a glass of Prosecco starts at £26
Where? New Road, Prestbury
What’s on the menu? Kanyana Williams, Fisk’s Chef Patron has been working on some exciting new dishes including rock lobster tail Thai salad and fabulous fillet steak. Vegans can kick off their meal with a starter of vegetable tempura followed by a Thai curry for mains and for dessert, there’s banana cake and sticky toffee pudding, instead of the traditional Christmas pudding.
Cost? Three courses, £29
Where? Lloyds House, 18-22 Lloyd St, Manchester, M2 5WA
What’s on the menu? The Stockport vegan restaurant has found a new home in the centre of Manchester where it is rocking a thrilling Christmas tasting menu that includes: cranberry and red wine parfait, maple glazed sweet potato crisp, cinnamon spiced carrot soup, brined cauliflower smoked and pan fried in an orange reduction served with ‘all the trimmings’ pressed apple, clove fermented nut cheeseboard and chocolate truffles.
Where? London Road, Alderley Edge, SK9 7QD
What’s on the menu? On Christmas Day Yu is serving a banquet that includes king prawn sesame toast, Cantonese sweet glazed loin ribs, chilli salt and pepper squid and pork war tip, followed by a second course of Cherrywood smoked Goosnargh duck served with Asian pickles, hoi sin and pancakes.
Cost? £49 - four people minimum