WIN a watercolour original of Corringham’s Bull Inn
- Credit: Archant
James Merriott continues his watercolour tour of the county with a visit to Corringham, where he finds an idyllic composition for a village scene
Any lover of Essex country churches should not miss the awe-inspiring sight of St Mary The Virgin Church at Corringham.
On a visit to the village, take the left fork in the road from where Rookery Hill begins to be greeted by not only the church, but also a picturesque public house accompanied by some pretty, well cared for cottages.
To complete the scene, the impressive Hall Farm house sits in a lovely position visible from the entrance gates.
In this quietly beautiful part of Corringham, I found everything I needed for the perfect composition located immediately before me, which is such a great help in my older years when I find it more difficult to get about on foot at times.
As always, when the weather is less friendly at this time of year, I took photographs on location to then complete the paintings for this feature at home.
It all added up to a perfect visit, which was not far to travel by car from where I live. I enjoyed a very rewarding time spent with the camera in Corringham, and I would encourage you to do the same.
- 1 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 2 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 3 15 festivals and shows happening this summer in Devon
- 4 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 5 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 6 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 7 Peek inside this £1.9m Cotswold house with breathtaking countryside views
- 8 6 great walks near Ramsbottom
- 9 7 great walks in Wensleydale
- 10 18 festivals happening this summer in Dorset
Here are the finished paintings of Corringham completed from the comfort and warmth of my own home.
You can contact James at Cottage Corner Art, 9 Byron Road, Hutton, Brentwood CM13 2RU. Call 01277 210728