10 weird and wonderful ways to eat a Yorkshire pudding
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Who would have thought the Yorkshire pudding could be so versatile? To borrow a popular phrase: ‘How do you eat yours?’
Let’s be honest, Yorkshire puddings are not just for Sunday roasts and they are no longer an accompaniment, in many cases they are the main event of the meal.
Our love affair with the Yorkshire pud has inspired chefs across the county to push the boundaries as to what this wonderful risen foodstuff can achieve.
Here’s our round-up of the weird and wonderful world of the #YorkshirePudding on instagram. Some of the results are sublime, while others are perhaps a step too far. (A warning for the purists, the last few are a bit experimental).
Roast beef, potatoes vegetables and gravy. Tried and tested.
The Star at Sancton
- 1 Ball and Boe announce a new album for 2022
- 2 Waterfalls, Weirs and Cascades of the Peak District
- 3 Herts best food and drink recommendations May 2022
- 4 These are the Cornwall beaches awarded Blue Flag status in 2022
- 5 4 fab places to dine in Devon
- 6 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: 13 events to celebrate in Cornwall
- 7 Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday Celebrations in Hertfordshire
- 8 What's on in Norfolk June 2022
- 9 Witchcraft and necromancy in Long Compton
- 10 7 things you thought you knew about varicose veins but got wrong
Toad in the Hole Style
Sausages and onion gravy with a pudding is as classic as the roast dinner.
Fat Badger, Harrogate
Fine Dining style
A Sunday roast with a touch of elegance.
A hearty meal, that will send you to sleep on a Sunday afternoon.
The Buck Inn, Maunby
No meat, just onion gravy.
3 Acres Inn, Emley
So big you could use it as a plate.
Crooked Billet, Saxton, Tadcaster
This braised oxtail dish is a meatier alternative to the usual slices of carvery cuts.
The Star at Sancton
The traditional tortilla is replaced by a Yorkshire pudding wrap and filled with roast beef and gravy.
Long Can Hall, Halifax
Burgers topped with a Yorkshire puddings and gravy.
Twisted Burger Co, Sheffield, Ilkley, Doncaster.
All the traditional Sunday roast components are skewered above a giant pud.
The Yard, Malton
Who makes the best Yorkshire puddings in Yorkshire? Tag us in your Yorkshire pudding photos on instagram @yorkshirelifemag and use the #yorkshirelife hashtag.
If you fancy making your own here’s a great easy to follow recipe by yorkshirepudd.co.uk