2013 Cheshire Life Hotel of the Year sponsored by Rupert Frazer Worden Events
- Credit: Archant
The nominations for the 2013 Cheshire Hotel of the Year. The winner announced at the Hilton Hotel, Deansgate, Manchester, on Monday October 28th 2013
The Mere Golf Resort & Spa, Knutsford
The innovative addition of a spacious atrium housing the reception and Brown’s restaurant and bar completes a winning picture at this long-established and picturesque golf resort set beside the Mere Lake. There are 81 individually-designed bedrooms including ten suites, a luxury spa with a 20m indoor pool and wedding and conference facilities – plus one of the leading championship golf courses in the county.
Hillbark Hotel, Frankby
This stately, half-timbered house with a plethora of stunning period features is the only hotel in Merseyside boasting five AA stars - and with just 18 beautiful rooms, the smallest in the country to do so. Add to that the acquisition of a coveted third AA Rosette for its restaurant, Stewart Warner at the Hillbark, and it’s little wonder that Craig and Lisa Baker’s Wirral gem is such a sought after wedding venue, hosting some 150 a year.
- 1 The incredible Cornish stone structures with an exceptional history
- 2 Scotney Castle makes an appearance in Netflix's The Sandman
- 3 Win a luxury 2-night Lake District getaway to the Skiddaw Hotel worth £500
- 4 These 6 Norfolk beaches have been awarded the Blue Flag for 2022
- 5 5 wild swimming spots in Cheshire
- 6 Have you tried this French-style brasserie in Coggeshall?
- 7 Win the Cobra MX3440V Cordless Lawnmower
- 8 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 9 The 5 best spots for wild swimming in Somerset
- 10 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
Mottram Hall, Mottram St Andrew
Set in beautiful parkland with its ornamental lake, this delightful former 18th Century mansion is billed as “new” Mottram Hall with extensively refurbished new style rooms and new executive chef in Jim Key majoring on fine local produce and reinventions of dining classics. The state-of-the-art club and spa and championship standard course complete a luxurious gold and leisure resort.