2014 Cheshire Life Restaurant of the Year sponsored by Hunter’s Gin
- Credit: Archant
The nominations for the 2014 Cheshire Life Restaurant of the Year Award. The winner announced at the Hilton Hotel, Deansgate, Manchester, on Monday October 27th 2014
The acclaimed combination of fantastic culinary invention and dazzling skill in the kitchen has kept Restaurant Fraiche at the top of the fine dining tree for a decade and deservedly retained a Michelin star almost from the word go. Chef-patron Marc Wilkinson, who works his magic virtually single handed, admits he’s ‘driven’ - but his passion produces truly spectacular results. No wonder a six month wait for a table is not uncommon.
La Boheme, Heatley
Given the cachet attached to French cooking it’s amazing how few French restaurants there are compared with representatives of other cuisines. But La Boheme, family run on the outskirts of Lymm by chef-patron Olivier Troalen and his wife Adele, has forged an enviable reputation over the last 15 years for authentic classical French dishes based on excellent presentation and the finest fresh ingredients.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 6 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 7 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 8 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 9 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 10 Al fresco dining in Cornwall: 9 of the best places to go
Peckforton Castle, Peckforton
This imposing Victorian take on a mediaeval castle is one of Cheshire’s premier wedding venues, but steered by head chef Mark Ellis and his brigade, Peckforton’s 1851 restaurant had become a very modern culinary tour de force. Three coveted AA Rosettes place the restaurant, majoring in classical French and modern British cooking based on locally grown and reared produce, in the UK’s top ten per cent and a Taste Cheshire Award is the icing on the cake.
Follow the latest news on twitter on the hashtag #lifefoodawards