2014 Liverpool Restaurant of the Year sponsored by Butlers Cheese
- Credit: Archant
The nominations for the 2014 Liverpool Restaurant of the Year Award. The winner announced at the Hilton Hotel, Deansgate, Manchester, on Monday October 27th 2014
Matt Locke, former head chef at the acclaimed London Carriageworks opened this delightful and deservedly popular neighbourhood restaurant in 2006 and it became an immediate hit, winning many coveted awards over the last eight years. The décor is chic, contemporary and unfussy, attention to detail admirable; modern British cooking using excellent ingredients is top notch and the wine list is very well chosen.
Hanover Street Social, city centre
This Good Food and Michelin Guide listed brasserie and bar epitomises the new face of Liverpool - big, bold, brash, confident and ambitious. Founded by the successful team at Salt House Tapas, it’s an all-day operation from breakfast ‘til late, but the quality of the fare never falters from the porridge in the morning to the eclectic menu of modern British and European classics served by friendly staff in a vibrant ambience.
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 3 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 4 Win a diamond ring worth £1,000
- 5 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 6 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 7 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 8 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 9 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 10 Win a watercolour painting of Gosfield by artist James Merriott
Panoramic 34, city centre
Amazing 360 degree vistas are to be had over the rapidly changing skyline of Liverpool from, at 100m, one of the UK’s highest dining rooms. But this is more than a room with a view, romantic as that might be; Panoramic is a serious fine dining restaurant with a menu of contemporary European dishes featuring the best ingredients, skilfully handled by a demonstrably talented kitchen brigade.
Follow the latest news on twitter on the hashtag #lifefoodawards