2018 Cheshire Life Food and Drink Awards - Family Dining
- Credit: Archant
The winner of the Family Dining of the Year category announced
The Oakwood, Alderley Edge
The former Loch Fyne seafood restaurant became a northern outpost for the White Brasserie Company, which has Raymond Blanc on the board, and the local gourmands took it to their hearts. The offer is classy British pub grub and French brasserie favourites. We recommend the cheddar cheease soufflé, potted Cromer crab and slow -cooked Boeuf Bourguignon.
Fox and Hounds, Sproston
Here’s a country pub where you’ll be pleased to while away a long Sunday lunch; the roast dinners are real favoruites. Elsewhere on the substantial menu, you’ll find a host of superior pub grub staples, a proper children’s menu and traditional pies which, the menu warns, will take 25 minutes cooking time. Worth the wait, by all accounts.
- 1 Win a luxury Christmas hamper worth £250 from Bakers & Larners of Holt
- 2 WIN a stunning Jo Downs art piece worth £520
- 3 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 4 8 beautiful towns in Kent to visit over Christmas
- 5 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 6 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 7 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 8 Win a £5000 staycation in Cornwall
- 9 Magical Christmas markets in Kent 2021
- 10 12 of the best Christmas events in Surrey
The Partridge, Stretton
Formerly the Hollow Tree, this characterful building underwent a £1m transformation to re-open last year as The Partridge, a country pub with rooms under the auspices of 16 Hospitality, responsible for The Swan in Tarporley. Modern British pub grub includes a steak and ale pie so big that the menu carries a warning, and a half-chicken in a basket.