Antonio Carluccio to join The Clink at Woking Food and Drink Festival 2016
- Credit: Archant
One of the leading Italian gastronomes, Antonio Carluccio will be joining Woking Food and Drink Festival’s stellar celebrity chef line-up in September.
Chef ambassador for The Clink Restaurant at Her Majesty’s Prison High Down in Sutton, Antonio will join fellow Italian, Al Crisci, the founder of the pioneering prisoner rehabilitation programme, on stage on Saturday September 3.
“Since I accepted the invitation to collaborate with The Clink, huge progress has been made,” says Antonio.
“The Clink continues to go from strength-to-strength with more prisoners getting into work. It proves that the idea is a valuable one and I am glad to see that ex-prisoners can get jobs in the industry.”
Starting at 1pm, the pair will demonstrate one of the charity’s most popular dishes on the Tante Marie Culinary Academy stage and highlight The Clink’s innovative approach to reducing re-offending rates of ex-offenders by training prisoners.
Named Best Local Food Event at the Surrey Life Food and Drink Awards 2015, Woking Food and Drink Festival returns to Woking town centre for the fourth year running from Friday September 2 to Sunday September 4.
• To find out more about Woking Food and Drink Festival, visit www.wokingfoodanddrinkfestival.co.uk ***
More celeb chefs at WFDF 2016:
MasterChef champion Jane Devonshire and Tom and Henry Herbert (aka The Fabulous Baker Brothers).
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 3 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 4 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Cheshire this summer
- 9 11 pretty riverside pubs in Hertfordshire
- 10 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
More top Surrey chefs at WFDF 2016:
Steve Drake; Fernando Stovell; Ben Piette; Aneke Spacie; and Thierry de Magneval