Baking bread with Chalk Hills Bakery in Horley - Surrey Creations
- Credit: Archant
Surrey Creations is a monthly Surrey Life photo series by local photographer, Philip Traill, exploring our county’s craftspeople. This month, he visits Chalk Hills Bakery in Horley
Originally published in Surrey Life magazine June 2017
Baking their real bread every day in Horley, owners of their own bustling café in Reigate and a regular presence at farmers’ markets around our county, Chalk Hills Bakery has helped to bring real bread back to life in Surrey since 2010.
The business is owned by the charming Chris and Rosie Robinson, who before launching their artisan bakery ran The Stephan Langton in Friday Street - they deliver their produce to the Surrey Hills pub daily now instead.
Their champion bread is their Chalk Hills Sourdough and their Surrey Bloomers have recently been given an additional lease of life, with Reigate-based Crumbs brewery using them in their beers.
Chalk Hills Bakery regularly attends farmers’ markets across Surrey at Walton-on-Thames, Epsom, Dorking, Camberley and Cobham.
- 1 Photography focus: 5 stunning Yorkshire Dales landscapes
- 2 Win a watercolour painting of Gosfield by artist James Merriott
- 3 From The Dig to Harry Potter - 5 films shot in Suffolk
- 4 Afternoon tea deliveries in Norfolk
- 5 Afternoon tea deliveries in the Cotswolds
- 6 How a Suffolk man landed a film fan’s dream job on The Dig
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 12 beautiful photographs of daffodils in Lancashire
- 9 Exploring the ancient art of yarn dyeing in Derbyshire
- 10 Recipe: Make our peanut caramel poke cake
Get in touch
Shop: 75 Bell Street, Reigate, Surrey RH2 7AN
Bakery: 16 Gatwick Metro Centre, Balcombe Road, Horley, Surrey RH6 9GA
About this series
Surrey Creations is a series by local photographer, Philip Traill, exploring people in their work environment, capturing the characters and what they do in a single image. To contact Philip, send an e-mail to him at: email@example.com