BEST RESTAURANT/ FINE DINING EXPERIENCE OF THE YEAR WINNER AT THE CORNWALL LIFE FOOD AND DRINK AWARDS 2015
The judges were looking for a restaurant that offers a fantastic all-round dining experience, with great food, décor and service
Sponsored byNational Westchem
Winner: Oliver’s, Falmouth
Oliver’s is a Falmouth-based restaurantthat excels in two areas: high quality seasonal menus using the finest local produce and first-rate service. Ken Symons creates exquisite food with trademark imagination and flair, ranging from off-the-pier-fresh fish and seafood to hand-cut prime Cornish steaks and a variety of other mouth-watering dishes. Voters said the food here was outstanding and that the creative, skilful menu is ever changing to reflect the seasons.
Highly Commended: Paul Ainsworth @ No. 6, Padstow
No 6 are renowned for sourcing brilliant seasonal ingredients and serving them in a simple modern style with a Cornish and British influence. Everything is homemade, from the bread to the chocolate truffles. The hearty portions of unpretentious, uncomplicated food are bound to put a smile on your face. Voters described the dining experience and service here as second to none’.
Highly commended: Sam’s on the Beach, Polkerris
This once RNLI lifeboat station has been transformed into a beautiful beachside restaurant with floor to ceiling windows allowing diners to take in the beauty of Polkerris harbour and the whole of ST Austell beyond. With it’s custom-built wood burning pizza oven, churning out artisan slices of heaven, combined with the traditionally exceptional seafood that has become so familiar at Sam’s, The beach has been labelled by one reader as both picturesque and peaceful, with a laid back attitude and cracking seafood.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 Yorkshire Olympians, the Brownlee brothers: where they love to eat, to train and to explore
- 8 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 9 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 10 8 great family walks in the North West