Lockdown takeaways in Suffolk: Best restaurants to try
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Restaurants are adapting again for the new lockdown, so we’ve gathered some of the best ones offering a takeaway service
George Street, Hintlesham IP8 3NH
There will be takeaways and deliveries available from The George. Check social media for opening hours. Free deliverise to Hintlesham and Chattisham areas and further for orders over £25.
3 Old Street, Haughley, Stowmarket IP14 3NT
Lots of pub goodies and comfort food will be available at the Haughley Kings Arms during lockdown. Check Twitter for its menu and wine list.
98 Risbygate Street, Bury St Edmunds IP33 3AA
Casa will be offering takeaways for collection or delivery Thursday, Friday and Saturday from 5pm to 8pm. Visit the website for the menu.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 3 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 4 Win a holiday for two on the Isles of Scilly
- 5 Win a selection of Provence Rose wine
- 6 8 of the best places for a bluebell walk in Surrey
- 7 The mind-blowing new exhibition at Sculpture by the Lakes in Dorchester
- 8 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 9 Al fresco dining in Cornwall: 9 of the best places to go
- 10 Off-the-beaten-track beaches in Yorkshire
30 Old Station Road, Newmarket CB8 8DN
Montaz will be serving its Indian food during lockdown. Check the tempting options online.
• The Fox at Barking
Barking Road, Barking IP6 8HP
With an extensive takeaway menu with burgers, pizza, chicken, curries and much more available. Check where there is free delivery on the Facebook page.
• The George
The Green, Cavendish, Sudbury CO10 8BA
The George is offering a ‘heat at home’ menu with different specials every weekend. Check the pub’s Facebook page where the menu is posted. £10 per dish.
21 Market Hill, Woodbridge IP12 4LX
On Fridays and Saturdays, The Galley will offer its three course meal for two and wine. You can also order pies and pick up from the window or have your food and drinks delivered. Check the Facebook page for more.
Westgate Street, Long Melford, Sudbury CO10 9DP
Every Thursday, Friday and Saturday, you can enjoy Scutchers’ food at home. 5pm to 7pm. Find the menu online - 24 hours’ notice is required for orders.
77 High Street, Aldeburgh IP15 5AU
Takeaways from The Lighthouse are available Thursday to Sunday 12pm to 2.30pm and then 5pm to 9pm. View the full ‘heat at home’ menu online including a discounted wine list.
26-28 Fore Street, Ipswich IP4 1JU
If you fancy Japanese during lockdown, Ipswich’s Takayama will be open Tuesday to Sunday 5pm to 9.30pm. Delivery is available within five miles or you can arrange to collect.