BEST TEAROOM/ COFFEE SHOP OF THE YEAR WINNER AT THE CORNWALL LIFE FOOD AND DRINK AWARDS 2015
For the Tearoom/Coffee Shop of the Year category, the judges were looking for an atmospheric venue that offered great value for money, a warm welcome, comfortable surroundings and above all, delicious homemade products
Sponsored byGreat British Life
Winner: The Elm Tree, Chacewater
The Elm Tree has been described by our readers as a little gem, with attentive friendly staff, creating a homely feel. The afternoon tea is described as super, with lashings of cream and jam, as well as a savoury cream teas for those with less of a sweet tooth. You’ll also find ever changing specials including a Malteser tiffin, an amaretto cream cake and a toffee apple crumble cake.
Highly commended: Rest A While Tea Garden, Padstow
Situated along a beautiful coastal path at Hawkers Cove, with spectacular panoramic views out to sea, this tea garden was described by readers as truly charming with a fantastic selection of home made cakes and sandwiches as well as a wonderful afternoon tea.
Highly commended: The Baking Bird, Truro
From the numerous comments on voting forms it’s clear what readers like about The Baking Bird- their amazing cakes. Described by one as the Willy Wonka of cakes, the cakes are described as yummy, scrummy and downright delicious. Tucked away behind Truro cathedral, this quaint tea room serves over 17 flavours of cake alongside freshly made cheesecakes, buns and biscuits.
- 1 How to find out about your seafearing Dorset ancestors
- 2 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 3 Win a unique candles and country house prize
- 4 Why you should visit RSPB Leighton Moss nature reserve
- 5 Win a tropical trip for two to Mauritius
- 6 WIN flowers, chocolates and Prosecco for Valentine's Day
- 7 This Devon walk takes in two pretty villages
- 8 3 pretty walks with farmer's markets in Derbyshire
- 9 Win a relaxing spa stay for two at The QHotels Collection
- 10 See inside this 6-bedroom family home in Charlton Kings on the market for £1.59 million