CHAMBER AWARDS: St Albans restaurant Freddie's on top
Italian restaurant Freddie's was last night named the winner of the Hertfordshire Life sponsored restaurant of the year award in the St Albans and District Chamber of Commerce Community Business Awards 2010...
ITALIAN restaurant Freddie's, in St Albans, was last night named the winner of the Hertfordshire Life sponsored restaurant of the year award in the St Albans and District Chamber of Commerce Community Business Awards 2010.
The restaurant was nominated by Hertfordshire Life readers as one of three finalists which were then visited anonymously by the judges, including the magazine’s editor Clare Bourke.
The results were kept a closely guarded secret until last night’s awards dinner at the Old Albanians Sports Club in Harpenden Road, St Albans.
Welcome glasses of champagne and a three-course meal were followed by the awards ceremony itself with the winners of the six business awards categories being named.
Freddie's beat off stiff competition from the other two finalists in the restaurant category – Bangkok Lounge in Harpenden, which was the winner of last year’s award, and Lussmanns in St Albans.
The final award of the night was the President’s Award which went to Lawrence Levy of Levy Associates.
Young Person of the Year – Daniel Beardsmore of Trust Networks; Robert Welch of Smallcar BIGCITY
New Business – Emergency Life Systems; Training U
Green Award – Christopher Place Shopping Centre; Lussmanns restaurant
- 1 Win a holiday for two on the Isles of Scilly
- 2 Sussex pubs with beer gardens to visit this summer
- 3 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 4 12 of the best places to eat al fresco in Yorkshire
- 5 16 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
- 6 Win a short break in London at The Dilly on Piccadilly
- 7 Great pubs with pretty beer gardens in Kent
- 8 Win a selection of Provence Rose wine
- 9 10 pubs with pretty beer gardens in Canterbury
- 10 21 of the best places to eat al fresco in Hampshire
Corporate Social Responsibility – Deloitte; Premier Foods
Restaurant of the Year – Lussmanns; Bangkok Lounge
President’s Award – The late Roger Aylett; Richard Driscoll