Cheltenham curry houses: 7 of the best places to go
- Credit: Archant
As one of the nation’s favourite dishes to eat out, there are plenty of places to tuck into delicious Indian cuisine. We pick 7 of the best places serving up a tasty curry.
1. Prithvi Located on Bath Road Cheltenham, Prithvi has a polished approach to Indian cuisine, producing modern interpretations of classic Indian dishes. For those who appreciate the finer food in life, this curry house is a must-go and it is one of the tastiest restaurants in Cheltenham.
2. The Spice Lodge Situated in the old manor house on Bath Road, the Spice Lodge describes itself as providing ‘some of the finest Pan Asian cuisine in Cheltenham’. This comes as no surprise as the chef was awarded the South West Winner in the Master Chef Promotions and he is an advocate of using locally sourced ingredients.
3. East India Café The East India Café, on Cheltenham’s Promenade, describes its dishes as ‘fashionable Anglo Indian food’. Expect fresh ingredients and tasty, healthy dishes. The restaurant is full of colonial antiques and vintage art, creating a contemporary yet quirky setting to enjoy your meal.
4. Curry Corner Located on the outskirts of the town centre, Curry Corner makes an ideal destination for diners on the lookout for fine Indian cuisine. The restaurant reached the final of Gordon Ramsey’s television show ‘The F Word’ in 2009 so arrive with high expectations and you shan’t be disappointed.
5. India Lounge India Lounge is situated along the charming Suffolk Parade and is decorated with a touch of ‘regency Cheltenham’. There is a diverse selection of Indian classics and chef’s specialities to choose from and you will be served by experienced and attentive staff, providing an ideal bolthole to enjoy your curry any night of the week.
6. Indian Brasserie The Indian Brasserie is a chic and stylish curry house located on Bath road that offers a wide selection of speciality dishes. If you are planning to visit between Monday and Thursday then you can enjoy a three course meal for only £15.95.
7. The Ballroom Visit the Ballroom in trendy Montpellier to experience some of the finest Bangledeshi cuisine. Enjoy a glass in the wine bar whilst you wait for your food, or perhaps you’d like to finish your authentic banquet with a top notch brew in the Coffee Lounge.
- 1 Win a £1000 rug from Alternative Flooring
- 2 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 3 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 4 Win a Masterbuilt Gravity Series 560 Digital Charcoal Grill and Smoker
- 5 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 6 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 7 Win an amazing festive break for two in Devon
- 8 Inside the Devon home shortlisted for House of the Year on Grand Designs
- 9 Surrey Life meets Strictly costume designer Vicky Gill
- 10 Magical Christmas markets in Sussex 2021
You can read more about Cheltenham here...