10 of the best coffee spots in Cheshire
- Credit: not Archant
If you’re fanatical about your caffeine fix, let us serve you up a selection of our hotspots…
Bean & Cole
A honey-process coffee from Guatemala with tasting notes of chocolate and zesty fresh OJ is among the latest beans to hit the hopper at this recent addition to the Chester coffee scene.
Is it a museum, is it a cafe? This reconstructed mill on the banks of the River Gowy is both and it's well worth a visit, not least for its choice of coffee roasted at The Lost Barn.
- 1 Win a luxury Christmas hamper worth £250 from Bakers & Larners of Holt
- 2 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 3 Win a theatre break in Manchester to see The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
- 4 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 5 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 6 WIN a stunning Jo Downs art piece worth £520
- 7 Win a £5000 staycation in Cornwall
- 8 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 9 Magical Christmas markets in Sussex 2021
- 10 5 of the best Somerset farm shops for Christmas shopping
Lockgate Coffee House
Which way to look? Enjoy views of the Shropshire Union Canal and River Gowy with a cup of Crosby Coffee, roasted in Liverpool, in the eye-catching surroundings of Beeston Iron Lock.
Rhode Island Coffee
Altrincham, Crewe, Stockport, Warrington
The award-winning baristas here are on a quest to create the perfect coffee. It's all in the detail, right down to the handmade tampers for pressing the grounds to the correct density.
Coffee from around the world is served with cake and a dash of culture at this cafe-cum-gallery run by well-travelled Abda. Find out about her coffee-tasting events, too.
Mark Lee-Kilgariff's handsome orange 1976 Peugeot J7, from which he serves a coffee blend with butterscotch notes, has become a popular sight in the Knutsford area.
Two Brothers Coffee
Mondays and Wednesdays are small-batch roasting days for siblings Steve and Dave Jones. The branding and interiors hint at their profession as engineers.
Brews are made from beans sourced from Honduras to Papua New Guinea by Heart & Graft roasters in Manchester. There's always a guest brew, too, that you can buy in bags to take home.
Coffee Advocate is the roastery of choice for this contemporary Wilmslow coffee shop. Look forward to sipping a complex blend with notes of roasted nut, dark cocoa and tobacco.
The Rustic Coffee Company
Tiger Stripe, from India, with its distinctive striped crema, like the Bengal tiger, is one of the coffees featured, plus more from the Buxton Roastery just across the border.