Cod loin with roasted Mediterranean vegetables
- Credit: Archant
Head chefs Dave Scanlon and Nicola Foweraker run the newly-refurbished restaurant at Lower Barn Farm. They took over in January taking the building back to a shell to create a light and airy, shabby chic restaurant with a paved garden area for more than 100 diners. ‘I’m living the chef’s dream, as I have all of my evenings free!’ says Dave with a laugh. From the new menu, the most popular dishes are the brunches including eggs Benedict and American pancakes. ‘We also make our own burgers at lunchtime which are also popular,’ adds Dave. Here Dave shares his recipe for a lovely light lunch or early evening meal.
2 x 6oz cod loins
5 or 6 boiled new potatoes.
½ red pepper
½ yellow pepper
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 3 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 Win a G&H Spirits gin set with Sussex Life
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 Win a three nights stay at Nydsley Hall in Pateley Bridge
- 8 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper
1 red onion
1 garlic clove
1 sprig of thyme
A handful of olives
A drizzle of olive oil
Roughly chop the peppers, courgette, red onion and half the new potatoes. Place all these ingredients on a baking tray and drizzle with oil. Add the thyme to the vegetable mix. Crush the garlic and add again to the vegetable mix.
Place the cod loins skin side down in a hot pan for 1 minute until the skin is slightly crispy and golden. Now place the cod skin side up on top of the vegetables. Roast for 10 minutes at 200c until the cod is cooked.
Remove the cod from the vegetables, add the olives and a sprinkling of capers plus some chopped basil to the vegetables.
Finally, present the vegetables on a plate and place the cod on top of the vegetables. Season with cracked black pepper and a good quality balsamic vinegar.
Get the Taste
Lower Barn Farm