Dining Pub of the Year winner at the Derbyshire Food and Drink Awards 2015
- Credit: Archant
Derbyshire has such a wide range of excellent pubs and our judges have stressed that this highly-competitive category was a particularly difficult one to judge.
In association with The Viceroy
Winner: The Old Hall Inn, Whitehough
The judges praised the winner for: ‘Its family friendly atmosphere, comfortable surroundings, great range of beers and reliably good standard of food’. They also gave special mention to the venue’s Raclette Room – a private dining room where food is cooked in front of your eyes, highlighting how the venue continues to push the boundaries.
Highly commended: The Barrel Inn, Bretton
The judges have chosen to give their Highly Commended award to a traditional country inn with a unique character. Laying claim to being the highest pub in Derbyshire, it is surrounded by breathtaking views of the Peak District, and is renowned for its fresh and hearty home-cooked food. It’s The Barrel Inn at Bretton.
The shortlisted businesses were:
• The White Lion, Great Longstone
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 3 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 4 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 5 Yorkshire Wolds walk - Thixendale to Hanging Grimston
- 6 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 7 4 interesting places to visit in the Peak District
- 8 First Look: Cool Yorkshire gastro pub launches new boutique rooms
- 9 Why Ashbourne needs to be your next family outing
- 10 The ultimate 5-day walk: Along the Derwent Valley Way
• The Dragon, Willington
• Saracen’s Head, Shirley
• The George, Alstonefield
• The Royal Oak, Hurdlow