Enjoy Boxing Day and New Year at Exeter’s Magdalen Chapter hotel
- Credit: Archant
The Magdalen Chapter’s renowned Boxing Day and New Year’s Day buffets return for the third year running.
Throughout the afternoon on both days, the top Exeter hotel will be offering a freshly prepared feast for those looking to make the most of the final festive celebrations.
A grazing banquet will be served in the restaurant from 12.30pm featuring the finest cold meats, fresh fish and locally sourced shellfish, accompanied by a selection of seasonal salads and sumptuous puddings expertly prepared by the hotel’s kitchen team.
Throughout the afternoon, guests can feast from a delicious buffet of dishes including porchetta, honey mustard chipolatas and rare roast beef, alongside sea fare such as hot smoked salmon, shell on prawns and smoked mackerel pâté.
Seasonal salads of roast beetroot, chilli, dill and orange, and celeriac, apple, red cabbage and walnut will also make an appearance, followed by puddings of chocolate Amaretti truffle, crème brulee and baked vanilla cheesecake. The full buffet will be available until 3.30pm.
Hotel general manager Fiona Moores said: “On both Boxing Day and New Year’s Day, the hotel has a wonderful atmosphere with friends getting together and making the most of the final festivities before heading back to work and into the New Year. Our buffet proves particularly popular with guests as they graze throughout the afternoon, catching up with great friends, over great food with lovely wine flowing as they raise a glass to the year that has passed!”
Guests looking for totally relaxation can retreat to the hotel’s REN Spa, which will also be offering 50% off all treatments exclusively on New Year’s Day.
To view The Restaurant’s full New Year’s Day menu, visit the hotel website.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 5 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 6 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 7 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 8 35 great Surrey pubs with beer gardens and terraces
- 9 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 10 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
The Boxing Day and New Year’s Day lunch will be available from 12.30pm – 3.30pm on Friday 26 December and Thursday 1 January for £25 per person.
Bookings can be made by telephoning 01392 281000.