5 of the best ice cream parlours in Sussex
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Keep your cool in the sun. We present our pick of the best Sussex ice cream vendors
After moving to Brighton in 1962, Renato Marrocco and his wife Maria bought a seafront café in 1969. Nearly 50 years later, Marrocco’s is considered a bit of a Brighton and Hove institution. Chunky hot fudge, funky fruit cocktail and Baileys affogato are all on the ice cream menu but The Renato, in memory of the late founder, is a great sharing option of tiramisu followed by six scoops of ice cream and toppings.
8 King’s Esplanade, Hove BN3 2WA
Authentic Italian gelato is on the menu at this Eastbourne shop which opened in the 1960s when Antonio Fusciardi moved to Sussex. Passed on through the generations, Marino Pesce now runs the shop which offers 18 different flavours, from toffee crunch to rum and raisin.
30 Marine Parade, Eastbourne BN22 7AY
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 3 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 4 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 7 8 secluded secret beaches in North Devon
- 8 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 9 17 of the best things to do in Essex for free
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
This family-run, Horsham-based artisan ice cream parlour and pancake house has more than 40 flavours on offer with a good selection of other snacks; Belgian waffles, crepes and sundaes all feature on the menu.
3 Piries Place, Horsham RH12 1EH
Located opposite Hastings Adventure Golf, Di Polas is the perfect spot for a post-round refreshment. Run by Roberto and Sian Pola, expect generous scoops and flavours ranging from hazelnut and ginger beer to salted caramel.
14 Marine Parade, Hastings TN34 3AH
With 24 daily flavours sourced from a collection of more than 400, from mango to avocado, Boho Gelato is one of the most popular ice cream and sorbet parlours in Brighton, with a shop in Worthing’s Montague Street too. If you’re hungry for more than ice cream, they also serve a selection of cakes, brownies and waffles.
6 Pool Valley, Brighton BN1 1NJ
• 5 of the best mobile bars in Sussex - Pitching your tent at a festival this summer? Or holding a garden soirée of your own? Either way, a mobile bar is part of the fun. Harry Maddock names a pick of the bunch