5 of the best Indian takeaways in Hampshire
- Credit: Archant
As much as we’d all love to dine out every night of the week, there isn’t always the time, so we’ve compiled a selection of great Indian takeaway options here in Hampshire
These guys have won more awards than you could shake a sizeable stick at, and rightly so. Established in 2007 Rivaaz Lymington has fast become a local favourite when it comes to Indian dining in the New Forest.
Headed up by Shah Malek, Rivaaz Lymington prides itself in using only the finest ingredients to produce Indian food that truly encompasses the delicate flavours that so many Indian restaurants fail to recognise.
Naz himself is a great ambassador for this extremely friendly yet utterly delicious local option. This Indian and Bangladeshi award-winning restaurant, is set in the heart of Romsey, making it a convenient option for a great quality takeaway. The head chef and his team provide an extensive choice of dishes, including succulent chicken, lamb, duck, meat, prawns and Bangladeshi freshwater fish – the latter of which is fantastic.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 4 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 5 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 6 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 7 8 great family walks in the North West
- 8 Win a three nights stay at Nydsley Hall in Pateley Bridge
- 9 10 of the best restaurants in Hastings
- 10 An illustrated guide to the ‘prettiest village in England’
A team of highly experienced chefs really come to the fore here, with every dish a taste sensation. The Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine on offer is great. Since opening in 2009, Natraj Romsey has built up an enviable reputation for being one of the finest Indian Restaurant in the area. They offer a collection only take away service and are located next to the car park, which is free after 4:30pm.
Traditional and authenticity are the name of the game here, which is why they only serve traditional British Indian Food. They use recipes that have a history, and feature dishes that define what Indian food is about, namely their heritage. All their dishes our prepared daily on site in an authentic charcoal tandoori oven – one of the few on the south coast.
Coriander Lounge, Southampton
The management of Coriander Lounge opened this restaurant to try and restore the lost primordial authenticity of Indian cuisine. The food here shares the same ancient, traditional cooking techniques and ingredients that originally made Indian food so different and delicious. If you choose to eat in, the service here is nothing short of superb, but the manner in which you are greeted on the phone is always equally welcoming and efficient. Talk to any local and this place comes highly recommended – if you’re from around here and haven’t tried it, what are you waiting for?
• 7 great places for international cuisine in Hampshire - Taste authentic fare from a huge range of nations without ever stepping foot on a plane… Alice Cooke brings you her pick of the best