Dilapidated Lindford pub saved from closure
- Credit: Archant
2015 looks set to end on a high note for ambitious, local entrepreneur, Mark Robson, Managing Director of the independently run and owned Red Mist Leisure.
His latest venture, The Royal Exchange in Lindford will be the group’s biggest refurbishment yet, investing over £850,000 and creating 20 new jobs for the local area.
In 2011, Red Mist Leisure was approached by a member of the ‘Pub Task Force’ who had formed to try and save the Royal Exchange which had been put up for sale.
Mark Robson first went to speak to the Task Force and village in November 2011 to offer advice and assistance on the best way forward for them to proceed in trying to save the pub.
In May 2012, Red Mist Leisure decided to make an offer on the pub and land which was initially accepted and then, much to their disappointment, the seller pulled out of the purchase a few weeks later.
This spring, planning was granted to make substantial improvements to The Royal Exchange and to construct four houses on the adjoining land and a few months later, Red Mist Leisure sold the land to a reputable local developer and now has started its own £850,000 renovation and refurbishment of the pub.
Work on the pub will be completed for opening in November, turning the pub that Lindford Village was so keen to save into a destination establishment.
- 1 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 2 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 3 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 4 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 5 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 6 Win £500 of Gallox fashionwear
- 7 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 8 Stately homes in Hertfordshire: 7 grand estates to visit
- 9 Blue Flag Beaches in Kent 2021
- 10 Beautiful places to go wild swimming in Suffolk
01420 488118 | www.royalexchangelindford.co.uk