Lion & Lamb, Little Canfield and The White House, Takeley
Describe summer dining at the Lion & LambA 17th century coach house, full of character and charm; offering ample al fresco dining space, within a tranquil, picturesque setting.
Tempt us with an example dish?Our seafood platter is very popular with king prawns, smoked salmon, and peeled Norwegian prawns, served with a piquant sauce and a crisp salad.
What's good to look out for on the wine list? Our popular Veneto Pinot Grigio Ramato Rose is particularly good for al fresco dining. Alternatively a vintage Chateau Pichon Longueville claret (1983).
What are the average costs of a starter, main and dessert? Starter �6 to �9, main �10 to �19 and dessert �4.50 to �5.50
What's so special about the Lion & Lamb?Our vast array of food and beverages on offer and we are a family-orientated venue that strives to meet the needs of all our customers.
Do you have overnight accommodation?Customers can stay in our beautiful 15th century manor house, The White House situated only a mile away. We even provide transport to and from the Lion & Lamb so that you can really enjoy our very fine wines and beers.
- 1 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 2 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 3 10 great circular walks in Cheshire
- 4 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 5 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 6 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 Peek inside this £1.9m Cotswold house with breathtaking countryside views
- 9 Country walks with summer pub gardens in the Cotswolds
- 10 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
What would you like to shout about?Our locally-sourced produce. I have been purchasing ribs of beef from our butcher, Tony Harrison in Leigh on Sea, for more than 25 years. I believe the succulent meat and wonderful flavour is second to none. Our popular sausages are provided by Sweetlands Butchers in Great Dunmow, exhibiting the very best of Essex pork, and we also buy our free range eggs from a farm in the local village of Lindsell.
Three words to sum up a visit to your venue?Relaxing, satisfying, welcoming
Do you offer private dining?We offer an elegant, uniquely-decorated conservatory overlooking our beautiful garden and the Essex countryside which can comfortably seat 28 people.
What are your opening hours? 11am to 11pm serving food all day until 10pm