Giggling Squid opens in Guildford
- Credit: Archant
Giggling Squid, the family of Thai restaurants, opened in Guildford in August as a 90-seater restaurant in Chapel Street following major refurbishments
The new venture will become Giggling Squid’s second restaurant in Surrey, having opened in Reigate in July 2013. The company plans to open in Esher early in October expects to have a fourth site in Surrey before the end of the year.
Husband and wife team Andrew and Pranee Laurillard opened their first Giggling Squid in Hove in 2009. The couple relocated from Sussex to Surrey in 2013 as more central location for their ambitious expansion plans.
“We very happy in Surrey and the locals love our fresh, rustic take on Thai cooking – our Reigate branch is going great guns and is one of the groups most successful venues,” said Andrew.
Giggling Squid, which opened its first restaurant in 2009 in Hove, has established a strong reputation for its authentic, rustic and fresh Thai cooking with the emphasis coastal specialities. The food is prepared by master Thai chefs using fresh ingredients, sourced locally where available.
Meals are freshly prepared from scratch in the kitchen by chefs. Its healthy tapas menu, has proved universally popular, especially at lunchtime with office workers and ‘ladies who lunch’.
The lunch menu offers a choice of six Tapas-style ‘tasting sets’ that allow diners to sample several of different dishes in a single sitting, costing between £8.00 and £10.50. Thai Tapas dishes can also be ordered one at a time with 16 individual dishes priced under £3.90.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 It’s a Cotswold hat-trick at Chelsea!
- 3 Win a fabulous free-range Morton's Norfolk turkey for Christmas!
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 12 great things to do in Tiverton
- 6 8 charming market towns you need to visit in Somerset
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 You can stay at this adorable Winnie the Pooh 'Bearbnb' in Sussex
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 10 7 of the best spas in Sussex
The evening menu is more extensive with about 40 dishes available. The ever popular Thai Green Chicken Curry is £8.50. The signature “Giggling Squid” – steamed baby squid filled with minced chicken, squid and herbs with basil and chilli – is £10.50.