A peek inside Kings Oak’s Festive Dining Pods
- Credit: Archant
Alfresco dining has just taken a glitzy and glamorous turn at the Kings Oak High Beach with the introduction of four fabulous Festive Dining Pods. Landlady Linzi Pollard tells us more
When did the idea the festive pods come about?
As a result of the government restrictions and the cancellation of all our weddings and events, we started to explore some alternative options to provide a new, exciting dining experience for our guests. As we were searching the various pod products available to purchase or hire, we received a letter from Valentina Occasions, who had been recommended to Kings Oak as a suitable venue to install their pods.
What are the Festive Dining Pods like?
There are four pods, all comfortably seating six guests. Two of them are glamorous Northern Lights Ice Pods with an LED bar and dining area, and the other two are Winter Wonderland Pods with white Christmas trees and gold sleighs. They sit on our beautiful Beach Club Terrace overlooking our private pool and pool gardens. The gardens are beautifully lit with colour-changing LED lights, fairy lights and festoon lights, all set against the backdrop of our majestic Epping Forest trees.
Are they cosy?
We have fur rugs and fleece blankets on every seat, while a stove provides the heating. There are also bluetooth speakers in each pod so you can play your own music choices.
- 1 Afternoon tea delivery in Suffolk
- 2 Which flooded village lies beneath Ladybower Reservoir?
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 Afternoon tea deliveries in the Cotswolds
- 5 Take a tour of Cornwall’s picturesque harbours
- 6 Celebrate the famous women born in Norfolk and Suffolk this International Women’s Day
- 7 Photography focus: 5 stunning Yorkshire Dales landscapes
- 8 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 9 Lancashire Recipes - Butter Pie
- 10 12 beautiful photographs of daffodils in Yorkshire
What’s on the menu?
All of our menus are available in the Festive Dining Pods, including our seasonal and festive menus (view them here). You get your own dedicated pod host to look after you and our pod team are all fabulous mixologists as well.
Are there plans to keep the pods up once the festivities are over?
We will be keeping the pods through to the spring and have some exciting plans for Valentine’s Night and Easter. We may even extend the pods to the gardens for summer dining.
Paul’s Nursery Road, High Beach, Essex IG10 4AE. Book online at valetinapodskingsoak.co.uk
West Essex’s 12 Shops of Christmas: Where to shop local for gorgeous gifts and fine festive fare