Food review - La Fabrica, Wilmslow,
- Credit: Archant
A quick review of a cyclists favourite
Venue: It’s not just cyclists that have a whole lotta love for this café in Wilmslow attached to biking emporium, The Service Course. Top-of-its-game coffee has meant there’s a constant stream of loyal punters. It’s fancier than your average caff – with the added poetry of botanicals, amber lighting and industrial interiors. You can stretch out on wooden tables or perch on high stools, watching cyclists pull in and hang up their bikes for a refuel on breakfast bowls and burrata – a vision from semi-pro cyclist Christian Meier and his wife, Amber, who dreamt up the original outpost in Girona.
Menu: Everyone seems to order coffee, so start with a foamy cup while scanning the menu for everything from nduja toast to almond butter and banana on sourdough.
I went for the Mediterranean Orchard – French toast with pear, mascarpone, orange zest and violet sugar. There’s a new early evening menu at the Wilmslow offshoot on Fridays and Saturdays with sharing boards, cocktails and wine.
Cost: Around £30 for brunch or lunch with coffee for two. Sharing boards from £9.
La Fabrica, 56 Alderley Road, Wilmslow, SK9 1NZ
- 1 Afternoon tea delivery in Suffolk
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 Which flooded village lies beneath Ladybower Reservoir?
- 4 Afternoon tea deliveries in the Cotswolds
- 5 Take a tour of Cornwall’s picturesque harbours
- 6 Photography focus: 5 stunning Yorkshire Dales landscapes
- 7 Celebrate the famous women born in Norfolk and Suffolk this International Women’s Day
- 8 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 9 Lancashire Recipes - Butter Pie
- 10 12 beautiful photographs of daffodils in Yorkshire