London-based brunch hotspot Megan’s opens in St Alban’s
- Credit: Jamie Orlando Smith
Fast-growing London café/restaurant chain Megan’s, which specialises in all-day Mediterranean-influenced food and drink, is opening in St Albans in October
Megan’s at the Bell, situated at The Old Bell pub on Chequer Street - hence the name - is taking over the former premises of Jamie’s Italian, which closed two years ago.
The independent, dog-loving neighbourhood restaurant group was founded in 2002 in Fulham and has since spread to eight outlets across London, including Clapham, Kensington and Islington.
This will be its first outlet outside the capital.
Highlights of the wide-ranging menu, supervised by executive head chef Sercan Ugurlu, include piri piri roasted cauliflower, braised lamb hummus with flatbread, a selection of ‘posh kebabs’ and cokertme (described as the Turkish ‘steak and chips’), but their all-day brunch is the big hitter.
Megan’s St Albans opens on Wednesday 7 October 2020 and bookings are now live on the website.
22 Chequer St, St Albans AL1 3YD; megans.co.uk
- 1 Afternoon tea delivery in Suffolk
- 2 Which flooded village lies beneath Ladybower Reservoir?
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 Take a tour of Cornwall’s picturesque harbours
- 5 Afternoon tea deliveries in the Cotswolds
- 6 Photography focus: 5 stunning Yorkshire Dales landscapes
- 7 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 8 Celebrate the famous women born in Norfolk and Suffolk this International Women’s Day
- 9 12 beautiful photographs of daffodils in Yorkshire
- 10 Lancashire Recipes - Butter Pie