Restaurant review - Mr Lau’s Dim Sum Bar and Restaurant, Warrington
- Credit: Archant
Digest this mini-review in 60 seconds
A Modern yet quirky Chinese restaurant right in the middle of Warrington town centre.
The menu is vast and delicious with a huge variety of choice and flavour. The menu itself combines several smaller menus including the set banquet menus ranging from 2 to 4 courses, dim sum, early dining and a la carte alongside an extensive cocktail and drinks menu.
The dim sum menu offers a good range at the best price, 3 dim sum dishes for £10, perfect for those looking to try new tastes and flavours. I opted for a mixture of meat and vegetable: char su bao, doughy and delicious, salt and pepper chicken, perfectly seasoned and steamed broccoli in an oyster sauce, a personal favourite, alongside a side of salt and pepper chips – a must try!
Whilst you wait, the restaurant provides a selection of nibbles free of charge, featuring thick Vietnamese prawn crackers and shrimp crackers, seasoned with black pepper and chilli.
- 1 Star cast unveiled for new ITV crime drama set in North Devon
- 2 10 of the best Halloween events in Cheshire
- 3 Essex firework displays: The best events for Bonfire Night 2021
- 4 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 5 Where to pick pumpkins in Dorset for Halloween 2021
- 6 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Cornwall this Halloween
- 7 5 pumpkin patches to visit in Sussex this autumn
- 8 10 great Halloween events in Lancashire
- 9 The 5 best pumpkin patches in Somerset this Halloween
- 10 Fireworks displays and bonfire night events in Sussex 2021
A selection of desserts are available including: ice cream, chocolate spring rolls and a variety of dessert cocktails.
Décor and ambience
The restaurant is entered up a flight of stairs leading to the dining room, consisting of a cocktail bar at one end with an open kitchen at the other. The room is spacious and modern, decorated with oversized lampshades hanging from the exposed wooden beams, dark wooden furniture complete with aesthetically pleasing mood lighting. Atmosphere good and fairly busy for a Friday lunchtime.
Helpful and friendly.
A reasonably priced yet vast menu full of great quality food, complete with a variety of offers and deals running throughout the week with a 2 course lunch available for as little as £7.95.
Mr Lau’s Dim Sum Bar and Restaurant Limited
2 Springfield St
Warrington, Cheshire WA1 1BB