Restaurant review - The Blue Pig, Manchester
The Blue Pig is a fitting new addition to the Northern Quarter's selection of bars and restaurants which aim to be a cut above and a little out of the ordinary.
69 High Street, ManchesterM4 1FS, 0161 832 0630www.thebluepigmcr.co.uk
Style of VenueThe Blue Pig is a fitting new addition to the Northern Quarter’s selection of bars and restaurants which aim to be a cut above and a little out of the ordinary.
On the menuIt boasts an array of deli dishes and sharing platters, but the real star of the show is the 333 Menu, which allows the diner to choose a starter, a main and dessert all for �20. We went for the three-cheese souffl� and the roast wood pigeon for our starters, and roasted red pepper and cous cous fritter and Gentleman’s Board for mains.
The latter is a hearty serving of steak with chunky chips, salad and a dollop of mustard. Both dishes were great, but for us the highlights of the meal were our desserts; the vanilla and white chocolate risotto was exquisite- a great idea executed perfectly. The peanut butter iced parfait was sublime.#
D�corSmart without pretentiousness. The font used on the menu and logo combined with dark wood, brass and glass puts one in mind of a Parisian bistro.
AmbienceHaving visited on a Friday evening, we may have seen The Blue Pig at its liveliest, but it was in no way off-putting. It was relaxed and there was a sense that this is the place to be.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 Find your inner wild in the woods
- 7 A guide to moving to Somerset
- 8 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 9 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 10 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
ServiceEfficient, friendly, very pleasant staff here.
CostThere are many sharing platters ranging from around �11 to �15, and cheaper dishes for a quick bite. But that 333 Menu of three courses for �20 is a great deal, especially when one considers the quality of the food.