Restaurant review - The Grill on the Square, Warrington
- Credit: Archant
Digest this mini-review in 60 seconds
A former Post Office transformed into a contemporary restaurant with a wide selection of dishes. The Grill on the Square is a venue suitable for casual dining or a celebration.
An impressive selection of dishes, truly something for everyone including vegetarians. Starters include deep fried tiger prawns with a chorizo marmalade dip (£7.95) which were perfect: light tempura style batter and moreish creamy dip. My friend loved her unusual beef hash - and it was a big portion. (£6.95). For mains, you’ve got to have one of their meaty dishes. Try the excellent rump steak (£17.95) which comes with superb fat chips. Across the table duck was slipping down very easily, (£16.95)with a side order of very creamy mash (£2.95). Desserts are something else here. We found it difficult to choose as we’d noticed lots of yummy things passing our table. I opted for an unusual banana pudding (£5.95) and it was delightful. My friend was satisfied with her creme brulee (£5.95). Excellent wine list and good choice of vino by the glass.
Decor and ambience
This light, airy room has wooden floors, an impressive long dark oak bar and high ceilings. It’s lively but don’t let the ‘wine bar’ ambience of this place fool you: this is great food presented with style.
- 1 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 4 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 8 Norfolk's beautiful Blue Flag beaches 2021
- 9 13 of the best places to get coffee in Hampshire
- 10 One Suffolk beach given Blue Flag status for 2021
Exemplary. Did they know we were reviewing? I quizzed them and it seems they didn’t.
Dinner for two with three courses, side orders, wine and coffees was £93.
Grill on the Square
7 Palmyra Square North, Warrington WA1 1JQ
Tel 01925 234077