Restaurant reviews - Thomas Restaurant & Bar, Manchester
Digest this mini-review in 60 seconds
Thomas Restaurant & Bar, 49-51 Thomas Street, Manchester, M4 1NA. 0161 839 7033. www.thomasrestaurant.co.uk
Style of venue This popular Northern Quarter restaurant is a stylish, contemporary place enjoyed by the cool crowd city dwellers. Its success is no doubt due to owners Paul Astill, Nicky Rybka Goldsmith and Yvonne Rybka Erskine, the talent behind other Northern Quarter favourites Cord and The Bay Horse.
On the menu An impressive menu from bar snacks and mini pizzas to a full menu offering a vast choice of delicious dishes. We enjoyed starters of lobster bisque (�6.95) and warm goats’ cheese and onion tart (�6.25), mains of a pan fried fillet of Whitby plaice with fondant potato and coriander bisque (�14.95) and Cheshire pork loin with apple mashed potato and braised leeks (�13.25) and desserts of vanilla cr�me brulee and lemon tart (both �5.25).
D�cor You’ll see modern design, art work and luxurious dining areas.
Ambience We visited on a Thursday evening and there was a gentle buzz about the place which made for a superbly relaxed evening. If you’re going at the weekend expect a lively atmosphere and you should book.
Service Friendly, courteous, efficient and helpful and a lot of fun – our server had us in fits of laughter.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Win Castle Howard Prom Tickets & a VIP Hamper
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 5 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 8 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 9 What's On in Yorkshire - August 2021
- 10 5 great walks in and around Kendal
Cost A three-course meal for two, each with a glass of wine, costs around �60. Visit between 12pm and 7pm Monday to Saturday and it’s even better value with two courses for �13.95.