10 of the best restaurants in Horsham
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The market own of Horsham is home to some delightful restaurants and pubs. We round up some of the best
Granted, South Lodge is just down the road in Lower Beeding, but it's well worthy of a mention. And there aren't many restaurants where you can paint your own dessert or watch a chef make a flower from cheese! Find out what else is on offer here.
South Lodge Hotel RH13 6PS
Part of a small chain of Thai restaurants in the Sussex and Hampshire, Lemongrass serve freshly prepared food from local and international suppliers. Try the classic Thai green chicken curry, or perhaps the Lemongrass roasted duck curry. They also offer a takeaway service.
6 Bishopric RH12 1QN
This restaurant - set in the 500 acres of Mannings Heath Golf Club & Wine Estate - incorporates South African decor and has an open log fire for the colder months. The menu includes starters such as tempura prawn with mains including Surrey Hills rib-eye, English Channel swordfish, and a few delightful desserts.
- 1 Christmas markets in and around the Cotswolds
- 2 Christmas in Hertfordshire 2021: Top festive markets
- 3 Magical Christmas markets in Surrey 2021
- 4 Magical Christmas markets in Kent 2021
- 5 The 15 best Christmas markets in Norfolk 2021
- 6 Magical Christmas markets in Sussex 2021
- 7 The best Christmas markets and fairs in and around Cheshire
- 8 Magical Christmas markets in Suffolk 2021
- 9 Everything you need to know about Sarah Beeny's move to Somerset
- 10 3 magical winter wonderland light trails to enjoy in Kent
Mannings Heath Golf Club RH13 6PG
Regarded as one of Horsham's best Italian restaurants, Filippo's opened in 2006 and offers freshly cooked, authentic cuisine. Expect to see classic pizzas - ranging from the margherita to the fiorentina - and a range of excellent pasta dishes.
5a Park Place RH12 1DF
Another Italian spot well worthy of a visit is family-run La Piazzetta, located in Bishopric. Head chef and Sicilian native Daniele Patane, along with his team, combine fresh Italian ingredients with local produce to create dishes including - but not limited to - linguine vongole, penne verdi and the alla pollo risotto.
5 Bishopric RH12 1QA
Whether it's fish and chips, scampi, sausage and mash or a mouth-watering burger, it's hard to beat well-made, British food. And The Olive Branch certainly make it well. They're open from midday everyday.
12 Bishopric RH12 1QR
Carmela Restaurant opened in 2010 in a 16th century building and is owned by the Raciti family who lovingly create Sicilian and Mediterranean dishes. Sharing platters, pasta, meat and fish are all on the menu.
3 Denne Road RH12 1JE
This Michelin Star and 3AA Rosette restaurant on East Street is open Tuesday to Saturday for breakfast (9am-11.30am), lunch (12pm-2.30pm) and dinner (6.30pm-9pm). The menu at the time of writing included duck egg, veal tartare and squab pigeon.
3 Stans Way, East Street RH12 1HU
A very unique pub, The Chequers Inn is located just up the road in Rowhook where they combine fine food with fantastic wine and local ale. The menu includes Sussex lamb, slow braised pork belly and crispy bream fillet.
Rowhook Road, Rowhook RH12 3PY
Dine like an Argentine at Buenos Aires Argentine Steakhouse where the main menu includes a huge range of meat from different cuts. They also serve up some amazing beef burgers including the mozzarella cheese which caught our eye.
5 Market Square RH12 1EU
- The best restaurants in Sussex - Whether you're looking for fine dining, pub food, a romantic meal for 2 or a taste of something from further afield, eating out in Sussex really has something for everyone. Here's our guide to the best local restaurants and pubs