8 of the best restaurants in Walton-on-Thames
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Sandwiched between Shepperton, East Molesey and Weybridge is the market town of Walton-on-Thames, home to a number of great pubs and restaurants perfect for a meal out
Fine Turkish cuisine with a welcoming atmosphere is on the cards every time you visit Cappadocia. They've got a branch in Kingston as well, and both are very highly rated. Some of the authentic cuisine on the menu includes chicken breast sautéed with ginger and herbs, braised shank of lamb and Turkish sausage.
64 High Street KT12 1BU
Undoubtedly Walton's top spot for tapas, La Terraza has been serving Spanish cuisine to the town since 2005. The aforementioned tapas dishes include baked aubergine, whitebait, monkfish, cured Spanish ham, fried sausage and chicken croquettes.
40 Hersham Road KT12 1JE
- 1 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 4 Win a G&H Spirits gin set with Sussex Life
- 5 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 6 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
- 9 Win a three nights stay at Nydsley Hall in Pateley Bridge
- 10 11 of the prettiest villages in North Devon
Argentineans have long-prided themselves on the quality of their beef, which is hugely evident at Buenasado steakhouse. Sourcing direct from farms in Las Pampas, Buenasado's steaks melt in the mouth and are packed with flavour. Steaks include rump, sirloin, rib-eye and fillet/tenderloin and they offer a range of sauces too, including blue cheese!
6 The Heart, New Zealand Avenue KT12 1GH
If a pub is what you're after, then look no further than The Swan on Manor Road. Head Chef Gilbert and the team serve up pub classics such as fish and chips, sausage and mash, steak and gammon, egg and fries. Be sure to check out their Burger Shack, too!
50 Manor Road KT12 2PF
If there's one thing Walton-on-Thames can pride itself on (although there is definitely more than one thing!) then it might just be the range of cuisine on offer. Japanese food is the name of the game at Sushi Wakyo, and they don't half do it well. Enjoy a range of tempura dishes and salads with mains ranging from tofu steak and marinated eel to pork belly and wasabi chicken.
41 Bridge Street KT12 1AF
We've shouted about Prima Fila before and with good reason! The owner's Sicilian influence is evident throughout your dining experience, so you can be sure of a fantastic meal out. The main menu includes a great range of pasta dishes, pizzas and risotto plates.
14 Bridge Street KT12 1AA
If it's Indian food that you fancy, then head to Khyber Pass, a highly-rated eatery on Terrace Road where charming staff and authentic cuisine are on the table (one of those literally). Their specialities include rezala chicken, gosht kata and murgh massala.
54 Terrace Road KT12 2SA
Our journey around Walton-on-Thames (and the world's cuisine) finishes at Thai restaurant Khao Sarn. The restaurant menu (takeaway is also available) includes soups, curries, meat dishes, seafood options and a whole host of vegetarian meals.
26 Bridge Street KT12 1AH
- The best restaurants in Surrey - Whether you're looking for fine dining, pub grub or exotic dishes, eating out in Surrey has something for everyone. Here's our guide to the best local restaurants and pubs