- Credit: Archant
Like The Ship, The Cricketers in Ormskirk is traditional and stylish. You can enjoy locally sourced, fresh food in comfortable surroundings which includes a lovely private dining area for up to ten people...
The Cricketers is situated on Chapel Street where the Ruff Lane and Chapel Street conservation areas meet, and has undergone a stunning refurbishment, creating a fitting gateway to this delightful enclave in the heart of west Lancashire’s favourite market town.
In elegant yet cosy surroundings, you can enjoy simple pub classics or the specialities of Head Chef Tom Wells & Team, maybe trying a seasonal favourite or one of their innovative daily specials.
To accompany your meal you can choose from a fine selection of quality wines, real ales, continental lagers, craft beers, whiskies and barista coffees served by mine host Dave Speak and his welcoming team.
Whilst you’re there, try to make time to have a look at the memorabilia around the walls. They provide fascinating glimpses into the history of the town, the county and - of course - their cricket clubs.
Whether it is a light lunch or a 3 course gourmet meal, The Cricketers provides the perfect location. The private areas and separate club lounge dining room, can be booked out for special occasions or business meetings, and bespoke menus can be created by the talented kitchen team. If you’re in a rush, feel free to ring through your order in the morning and we will have it ready for a set time- perfect if you’re visiting on a lunch break or just have a busy schedule.
- 1 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
- 2 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 3 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 4 Win a diamond ring worth £1,000
- 5 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 6 5 million pound properties for sale in Derbyshire
- 7 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 8 Win a signed limited edition print by Fiona Odle
- 9 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 10 Win a watercolour painting of Gosfield by artist James Merriott
The Cricketers is proud to support local charities and events. The Ormskirk Motorfest in August is a highlight in the calendar, with the Cricketers proud to sponsor this outstanding event. Equally, the Gourmet Evenings, held in support of The Tom Church Foundation, are definitely worth looking out for!
24 Chapel Street,