The Swettenham Arms, Congleton
- Credit: Archant
Nestled in the heart of the Cheshire countryside between Congleton and Holmes Chapel, you’ll find one of Cheshire’s favourite gastro country inns, the Swettenham Arms, dating back to the 16th century.
We’re committed to sourcing as much local, seasonal food as possible and transforming it into culinary delights for fabulous Sunday lunches and gastro style meals throughout the week as recognised by Michelin and other good food guides.
With a blend of modern cuisine and a warm, traditional welcome, the Swettenham Arms offers a picturesque and tranquil setting for civil weddings and celebrations. The Lovell Suite provides the perfect space for your wedding reception accommodating up to 120 guests.
The Swettenham Arms prides itself on pulling the perfect pint and is regularly featured in CAMRA’s Good Beer Guide. It’s a free house, so you’ll always find a fabulous selection of real ales, lagers and ciders as well as the best wines.
After a gentle stroll through the neighbouring Quinta arboretum enjoying the abundance of wildlife and nature, step into the warmth of the Swettenham Arms, with roaring fires and hearty food, to while away a couple more hours. Dogs are very welcome.
At the Swettenham Arms we strive for excellence in every area of our business. We support small micro-breweries to bring you an evolving variety of real ales; we source the freshest of ingredients for our menus using local produce where possible; we hand pick wines of high quality from fine wine merchants (or in some cases the growers themselves!).
We want your visit here to be more than just a trip to the local pub, but an experience beyond all your expectations that you’ll want to enjoy again and again. The banqueting suite is one of the most charming in Cheshire, providing an idyllic setting for any function, beautifully enhanced by the Lavender Meadow (in full bloom July/August) and The Quinta Arboretum Wildlife and Nature Reserve. We are a quintessential English pub, and endeavour to uphold the little extra touches that our customers hold in high regard. Whether it’s fresh flowers on the tables or a welcoming open fire on cold winter days, the inn remains true to its character.
- 1 Devon celebrity chef unveils latest eatery
- 2 10 of the best restaurants for al fresco dining in Norfolk
- 3 A stunning £6 million home near Alderley Edge, Wilmslow, and Prestbury.
- 4 Win a unique Peak District Walk book gift box with great map books and photography
- 5 19 great places to eat outdoors in Cheshire after lockdown
- 6 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 7 The must-have flowers and plants for gardens in 2021
- 8 Cornwall's best dog-friendly beaches...and places to eat on the way
- 9 12 outdoor dining experiences in Surrey
- 10 17 of the best spots for al fresco dining in Essex
Address: Swettenham Lane
Phone: 01477 571284