The Wizard of Edge, Alderley Edge restaurant review
Digest this mini-review in 60 seconds <br/>The Wizard of Edge Restaurant, Macclesfield Road, Alderley Edge. 01625 584000
Style of venue
The Wizard is a quite magical gastro-pub on the edge of National Trust land in Nether Alderley. There’s plenty of old world charm and comforting food on offer. However, drinkers who aren’t dining are made welcome too.
On the menu
Something for everyone, whether it’s just a pint from the local brewery or a full a la carte meal. Choose from a wide selection of modern British/European dishes. The Wizard has been awarded a Michelin Bib Gourmand annually since 2001 and recommended in the 'Good Food Guide'. There’s always regional produce: vegetables and dairy from Cheshire; poultry and game from Goosnargh and fish from Fleetwood. My favourites are goats’ cheese and fresh cranberry roulade to start, followed by grilled chicken breast on garlic mash. Sticky toffee pudding is the perfect finale. Renowned for its Sunday lunch.
The Wizard is still recognisable as an old characterful coaching house: wooden tables, low beamed ceilings, stone floors and nooks and crannies. Mind your head!
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 3 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
- 4 10 great circular walks in Lancashire
- 5 15 festivals and shows happening this summer in Devon
- 6 9 Devon pubs and bars with great beer gardens
- 7 6 great walks near Ramsbottom
- 8 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 9 9 places to eat out in Chester this summer
- 10 An illustrated guide to the ‘prettiest village in England’
Relaxed and inviting.
Good, traditional and efficient service even on a very busy Saturday night.
Around �78 for a three-course dinner for two with a modestly-priced bottle of wine and coffees.
Suitability for entertainment
Perfect for a meal with friends who appreciate decent food.
The Wizard of Edge Restaurant, Macclesfield Road, Alderley Edge. 01625 584000