Trade is up at the Walnut Tree Hotel
North Petherton's Walnut Tree Hotel is celebrating having enjoyed a busy few months.
North Petherton’s Walnut Tree Hotel is celebrating having enjoyed a busy few months.
The hotel has taken measures to attract new customers to its Lemon Tree Restaurant such as introducing a new weekday lunch menu offering two courses for �10, a range of specials and a more economical range, which have proved extremely popular with customers.
Hotel owner, Steve Williams, explained: “We’re still selling fillet steak and fresh sea bass but are giving more choice to customers which they appreciate.
“Many people are being cautious but there are still some who are not worried about money. Publicity tells them to be cautious – the whole sych tells them to be careful and not order two steaks and a bottle of wine. People are still spending but are being sensible.”
And he said Christmas was especially busy with the restaurant fully booked on many occasions.
“We were busy with parties this year and very busy over Christmas itself – we were fully booked for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day lunch, up ten per cent on last year.” said Mr Williams.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Find your inner wild in the woods
- 3 16 beautiful beaches in Devon you have to visit
- 4 Seven Falls, Tintwistle - a hidden gem in the Peak District
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 7 A guide to moving to Somerset
- 8 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 9 13 of the best afternoon teas to try in Cornwall
- 10 Win the full range of Bashall Spirits Gins
And he said hotel and conference bookings have also been up on last year by as much as 12 per cent in September and October, helped by improvements and additions made to the hotel. Forward bookings for the New Year are also positive.
“We have been finding that many people are moving from five and four star hotels to three star hotels such as ourselves. We have carried out a lot of improvements at the hotel last year including creating a mini gym and a pool room, both of which have proved extremely popular with our guests,” said Mr Williams.
“Last January we suffered from snow and ice – hopefully this year will stay mild.”