9 countryside restaurants with outdoor dining in Yorkshire
- Credit: Archant
As the world starts to open up again, Yorkshire leads the way with its al fresco dining options. We round up some of the best open across the county.
The Black Bull, Moulton
Their extensive outdoor area makes it perfect for post-lockdown dining out. They’ve even created a reassurance brochure that you can access through their website if you’re feeling nervous.
The Durham Ox, York
With new house rules and a safe space code available on their website, The Durham Ox has been busy making their plentiful outdoor space even better than normal.
The Carpenters Arms, Felixkirk
Having opened up on the 4th, this is a popular rural pub to head to with a lovely enclosed garden area to make the most of.
- 1 Win a 12 bottle case of mixed wines and champagne from Wharf Side Wines
- 2 Win a short break at Landal Darwin Forest
- 3 4 interesting places to visit in the Peak District
- 4 Win a stunning brass table lamp from Opulental
- 5 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 6 First Look: Cool Yorkshire gastro pub launches new boutique rooms
- 7 A positive outlook for the housing market for 2021
- 8 The ultimate 5-day walk: Along the Derwent Valley Way
- 9 9 of Yorkshire’s best bakeries
- 10 6 great woodland walks in the Peak District
The Alice Hawthorn, Nun Monkton
The outside space at this award-winning pub has been transformed with a newly landscaped beer garden. They will be serving their seasonal Garden Menu, available from 12-8pm Wednesday-Sunday (weather permitting!).
The Punch Bowl, Marton Cum Grafton
The popular pub is due to open in August after a large refurbishment and is ready to welcome everyone back – especially to its beautiful, large alfresco dining area.
The Crown and Cushion, Welburn
The enclosed rear garden here is large and provides a brilliant place to enjoy food in the countryside.
The White Swan, Richmond
Situated in the beautiful village of Gilling West, the team at this quaint pub have been busy making sure the outdoor area is optimised well for post-lockdown dining.
The Blue Lion, East Witton
Reopening on 29 July, this award-winning village pub has its picnic benches at the ready for diners!
Little Wold Vineyard
If you fancy a more expansive space to eat in, why not try the Little Wold Vineyard. It has opened up their vines for people to picnic in. Picnics include a range of Yorkshire produce all paired with award-winning Yorkshire wines. Plus, guests have exclusive use of their spot for two hours and have access to the vineyard for self-guided tours too.