Evening of bread making, cookery and more at Valdoe Barns
- Credit: Archant
The Hungry Guest is teaming up with cookery writer and local food champion Rosemary Moon for an evening of demonstrations at Valdoe Barns near Chichester on Friday 24 April.
Troels Bendix, master baker and founder of The Hungry Guest will be explaining and demonstrating the art of baking bread. If you want to understand the difference between sour dough and slow dough, how to keep your sour dough starter alive & the secrets of the perfect rise then this event is for you.
Rosemary Moon will be demonstrating a series of recipes using bread as well as including some from her latest book ‘A Feast of West Sussex’.
The evening promises to be a social occasion as well as informative with guests being welcomed by a drink and canapé reception before the main demonstration. There will also be plenty of opportunity to sample the recipes and breads made as well a Q&A session with Troels and Rosemary. Guests will also receive a goody bag including some Hungry Guest sour dough starter to take home.
Valdoe Barns is the home to Tim Jaspers manufacturers of bespoke kitchens. Situated on the edge of the Goodwood Estate the barn is regularly used for cookery demonstrations and exhibitions and the peaceful location provides a unique setting for events.
Tickets for the evening, which starts at 7pm, are £35 each and can be purchased by visiting or calling The Hungry Guest Food Shop on 01798 342 803 or emailing email@example.com
For more information about The Hungry Guest, visit: www.thehungryguest.com
• Eating out in Sussex - best restaurants - Whether you’re looking for fine dining, pub food, a romantic meal for 2 or a taste of something from further afield, eating out in Sussex really has something for everyone. Here’s our guide to the best local restaurants and pubs.
• Brighton’s first specialist beer shop opening - Bison Beer Crafthouse - March 27 will see the opening of Brighton’s first specialist beer shop, Bison Beer Crafthouse, on East Street. The shop, situated just off the seafront, will be offering an eclectic range of beers with over 300 different varieties sourced from around the world.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 3 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 4 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 5 Are you ready for the greatest show this summer?
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 9 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
- 10 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire