Food Hero of the Year Winner at the Yorkshire Life Food & Drink Awards 2015
- Credit: Archant
Judges were looking for someone who has made a lasting contribution to Yorkshire’s food and drink community.
On Monday 21 September, over 150 highly esteemed guests, finalists and sponsors joined Yorkshire Life to celebrate the 22nd Yorkshire Life Food & Drink Awards at Rudding Park, Harrogate. Hosted by Claire Montgomery, the awards reward excellence within Yorkshire’s food & drink industry.
Undoubtedly one of the biggest events in the regions calendar, the Yorkshire Life Food & Drink Awards are designed to champion, highlight and offer a showcase to the good and the great from the region’s food and drink industry – including local producers and suppliers, chefs, restaurants, pubs and hoteliers, and people who care about the countryside and the future of our local environment.
In association with Alevere
Winner: David Lishman from Lishman’s of Ilkley
Judge’s comments: Expert, unassuming leader in his profession as a butcher and champion of all things Yorkshire - more than deserving of this accolade
— Yorkshire Life (@Yorkshire_Life) September 21, 2015
- 1 Win a diamond ring worth £1,000
- 2 Recipe: Make our peanut caramel poke cake
- 3 Afternoon tea deliveries in Norfolk
- 4 Recipe: Gin and Saffron Cake
- 5 From The Dig to Harry Potter - 5 films shot in Suffolk
- 6 Photography focus: 5 stunning Yorkshire Dales landscapes
- 7 How you can walk in the footsteps of Dracula in Whitby
- 8 Win a watercolour painting of Gosfield by artist James Merriott
- 9 How a Suffolk man landed a film fan’s dream job on The Dig
- 10 How to choose the best estate agent for you
— David Lishman (@Butcher_Dlish) September 21, 2015