FOOD PRODUCT OF THE YEAR WINNER AT THE CORNWALL LIFE FOOD AND DRINK AWARDS 2015
Whether made by a Cornwall farmer, producer, retailer or manufacturer, all of the shortlisted businesses had unique products, with a distinct Cornwall flavour
Sponsored byJo Downs
Winner: Duchy Charcuterie, Plain-an-Gwarry
Duchy Charcuterie are producing air dried products using the finest produce in the county, with pork from it’s own farm and game from the best estates in Cornwall. The Nduja- a spreadable salami- was mentioned in every single vote our readers cast and has been labelled incredible’, with a unique, delicious, spicy flavour’.
Highly commended: Cornish Cheese Co, Liskeard
Cornish Blue Cheese has been produced on the Stansfield’s Farm on Bodmin Moor since 2001. After the price of milk dropped dairy farmer Phillip Stansfield and his wife Carol set out to diversify into cheese making. The outcome, the Cornish Blue, is a sweet mild creamy cheese of distinctive character & has been internationally recognised, winning many Awards including being crowned the World Cheese Awards Champion Cheese in 2010.
Highly commended: Kernow Sausage Company, Tregony
From humble beginnings, the company is now based at a county farm in Tregony. Armed with Granny’s secret recipe, still used in theTrelawney Traditional sausage, the Roberts family use their combination of butchery expertise and culinary passion to lovingly hand craft their succulent sausages with the finest cuts of pork. Readers described the beautiful bangers as absolutely delicious and it seems they aren’t wrong, with some of the best chefs and restaurants in Cornwall choosing to serve their succulent sausages.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 3 5 up-and-coming Sussex artists to watch in 2021
- 4 5 of the best day trips in Yorkshire
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 7 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 8 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Lancashire this summer