GASTRO PUB OF THE YEAR WINNER AT THE CORNWALL LIFE FOOD AND DRINK AWARDS 2015
The whole eating out experience was taken into account in this category. Judges were looking for top customer service, value for money and the quality of the food
Winner: The Springer Spaniel, Nr Launceston
The Springer Spaniel, which dates back to the 18th century, is set in the beautiful countryside in the pretty hamlet of Treburley. The pub is renowned for its fine food and ales, with The Springer Spaniel serving an extensive menu of fresh, local, seasonal produce sourced from local farmers. Readers described Masterchef winner, Anton Piotrowski’s menu as innovative, creative and totally delicious.
Highly commended: The Gurnard’s Head, St Ives
Described by readers as welcoming and friendly with wholesome, delicious food, the Gurnard’s Head is set on Cornwall’s Atlantic coast boasting spectacular panoramic views. The small but perfectly formed menu changes daily depending on what fresh local produce arrives in the kitchen. You’ll always find a Cornish lager on draught and a wide selection of wines to choose from.
Highly commended: The Ferryboat Inn, Falmouth
According to our readers, people travel from all over the country to dine at the Ferryboat Inn. Self proclaimed mussel obsessed’, they serve the freshest seafood and mussels straight from the boat alongside traditional pub classics. Head chef Robert Bunny has created a menu full of Cornish produce, including fare from some of their fellow nominees. One reader said the only thing better than the views from the restaurant is the food they serve inside.
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 3 5 up-and-coming Sussex artists to watch in 2021
- 4 5 of the best day trips in Yorkshire
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 WIN a stay at Hornington Manor's new shepherd huts
- 7 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 8 Wild Essex: 5 hotspots for nature lovers
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 10 National Garden Scheme open gardens to visit in Lancashire this summer