Instagram for foodies - Wigan
- Credit: Archant
Wigan’s foodie scene is a lot more than just pies as it is bursting with delicious offerings – so we’ve chosen some of the best restaurants serving up some visual treats to get your taste buds tingling.
Lily and Arthur’s - This brother and sister run coffee shop and sandwich bar prides itself on serving the highest quality sandwiches, cakes and coffee using the finest locally sourced products and suppliers.
Mrs Lyon’s Tearoom - Mrs Lyon’s Tearoom is a vintage tearoom with a modern twist, serving up impressive and classic cakes and homemade goodies.
Too Good Farm Shop - Too Good Farm is a traditionally run family farm with an impressive shop that provides customers with their own home produced ingredient and eco and everyday goods to.
Courtyard - If you’re in the mood for some good old hearty grub then The Courtyard is the place to go as they serve up signature dishes like ‘chinese chippy fries’ and ‘proper proper gyros’.
Uncle Joe’s Mintballs - Wigan is of course the home of the classic Uncle Joe’s Mintballs and the Uncle Joe’s traditional sweet shops.
Patak’s - Patak’s is one of the UK’s largest Indian Food empires and their headquarters are based in Wigan.
Jessi Cakes - Home baker Jessi has been baking up a storm in her kitchen as she creates some visually fantastic and equally delicious cakes and treats.
- 1 The Norfolk Lights Express is back for spectacular winter train rides
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 10 spooky Halloween events in Sussex
- 4 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Essex
- 6 7 of the best spas in Sussex
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 9 great fish and chip shops in Norfolk
- 9 Martin Clunes shares his favourite local places in Dorset
- 10 13 of the best afternoon teas in Dorset
Gold’s Ice Cream - Whether you’re after luxury ice cream, gelato or sorbet, Gold’s Ice Cream is the place to visit as they have a menu full of exciting flavours.
Fat Olive - The Fat Olive serve up hearty homemade dishes using ingredients only sourced from local suppliers and their menu is full of international dishes with an added Lancashire twist.
You can now follow our foodie exploits on instagram at @lancashirelifemag