Kent Young Chefs at work
- Credit: Archant
Mewet chefs-of-the future Priya Reynolds and Jack Watson, winners of the Young Chef of the Year award
The Windmill gastro-pub in Hollingbourne was the setting for the third year for the Kent Young Chef Charity Dinner, hosted by Produced in Kent, organisers of the Kent Young Chef Award, together with head judge, Richard Phillips.
Forty guests attended the event and money raised will go to The John Townsend Trust which, along with its unit at Monkshill Farm, is a member of Produced in Kent.
The Trust, formerly known as The Royal School for Deaf Children based in Margate is a charity providing vital education, independent living, short-break provision and supported employment to both deaf young people and adults with learning difficulties.
Diners, who included sponsors, judges and winners’ families, enjoyed a three-course meal celebrating the very best of Kentish Produce.
The two winners from the Live Cook-off last November, Priya Reynolds, 15, and Jack Watson, 11, were commis chefs for the evening under head chef Will Devlin.
They helped prepare and plate the evening menu of Weald Smokery salmon and prawn ballotine followed by chicken pie and a dark chocolate mousse.
- 1 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 Win £500 of English wine from Lyme Bay Winery
- 4 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 5 9 lovely beaches in Cornwall that allow dogs all-year-round
- 6 WIN £500 worth of preloved designer clothes
- 7 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 8 Win a luxury ladies watch worth £199
- 9 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 10 Beautiful places to go wild swimming in Suffolk