Lancashire Food Hero of the Year sponsored by Robinsons Brewery
Reg Johnson and Bud Swarbrick from Johnson and Swarbrick in Goosnargh were named the Lancashire Food Hero of the Year.
Reg Johnson and Bud Swarbrick from Johnson and Swarbrick in Goosnargh who were named the Lancashire Food Hero of the Year.
Reg, who supplies many of the country’s best restaurants with chicken and duck, said: ‘We’re absolutely elated as you can imagine. We’ve never won anything like this before. Events, like this, that support local producers are very good.
‘It all stemmed from Paul Heathcote who was the person who first started pushing local produce. He was doing it way before London caught on. Then Nigel Haworth picked it up and together they helped to support people like us.’
Frederic Robinson’s Established in 1838 we at Robinson’s Brewery have been a fairly well kept secret over the last three centuries in Stockport busy brewing really tasty beers and ales, some winning International acclaim as in Old Tom, voted World’s Best Ale 2009. Having just under 400 tenanted pubs throughout the North West every one of them individual, with over 300 of them some with restaurants, they don’t just offer our superb beers and ales, they offer a great variety of Local, Regional, European and International cuisine too.
Frederic Robinson Limited Unicorn Brewery Stockport Cheshire SK1 1JJ 0161 612 4061 www.frederic-robinson.com
Ray King and Lucy Meacock announce the Lancashire Food Hero of the Year 2010
- 1 Visit the village that people never want leave
- 2 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 3 Can you rehome Surrey’s loneliest dog?
- 4 Win a picnic hamper from Booths
- 5 For sale: Yorkshire's dreamiest coastal view
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 Norfolk's beautiful Blue Flag beaches 2021
- 8 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 9 13 of the best places to get coffee in Hampshire
- 10 One Suffolk beach given Blue Flag status for 2021