Meet the Chef - Chris Moore, Newick Park Hotel & Country Estate
We speak to the chef at Newick Park Hotel & Country Estate, East Sussex
Name: Chris Moore
Establishment: Newick Park Hotel & Country Estate,
Newick, NR Lewes, East Sussex BN8 4SB
Signature dish: I don’t have a signature dish but there are a few that reappear from time to time. One is braised pork belly with black pudding, sage with onion bhaji and apple. Not an original invention of flavour combinations, but the way each ingredient is prepared and presented makes it a great main course.
How long have you been a chef?
- 1 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
- 2 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 3 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 4 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
- 5 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 6 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 7 Are you ready for the greatest show this summer?
- 8 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 9 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 10 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
I have been a chef for 19 years
What made you want to become a chef?
Hospitality interested me for its versatility and the chance to visit other countries to work and learn new techniques, ingredients and styles.
Where did you start your career?
The Tytherington Club, Macclesfield.
Who has influenced you most?
A previous head chef, Sam Mahoney. He was a huge influence on me, not only with food but also his attitude.
What do you enjoy most about being a chef?
Finding a new technique, gadget, a change of style or a different ingredient. There is always something new to learn.
Your top cookery tip for readers?
I am afraid it is becoming a bit of a clich�, but I believe that the key to a successful dish is ‘keeping it simple’.
Your must-have kitchen gadget?
Who would you like to cook for?
The Armed Forces in Iraq.