Meet the chef - Neil Hiskey, The Millstream Hotel & Restaurant
Bosham, Chichester, West Sussex
Name: Neil Hiskey
The Millstream Hotel & Restaurant,
Bosham, Chichester, West Sussex PO18 8HL
- 1 20 of the best places to eat out in St Ives
- 2 Gardoolet: WIN this summer's best garden game
- 3 WIN a holiday to the Isles of Scilly worth £1000
- 4 Win a 2 night beach stay at The Beachcroft Hotel in Sussex
- 5 Are you ready for the greatest show this summer?
- 6 6 waterfall walks in Derbyshire and the Peak District
- 7 20 of the best restaurants in Hertfordshire
- 8 Win a luxury break at The Draycott Hotel in Chelsea
- 9 Afternoon tea in Kent: 15 of the best tearooms
- 10 12 beautiful waterfalls in Yorkshire
Signature dish: Scallops with foie gras sauce, pea pur�e. The flavours inspire me from the sweetness of the scallops to the richness of the foie gras sauce and the pea puree compliments the overall dish. The starter is the most popular dish with all our diners.
What made you want to become a chef?
Food always inspired me. Growing up with a diverse family unit, I was introduced with flavours from Europe, the Far East and more local traditional English dishes.
What do you enjoy most about being a chef?
I am in a very privileged position with having a great team who work with me to achieve two rosette standard dishes. I am lucky to have the support from the hotel managers to create new, different and exciting dishes using local produce.
Your top cookery tip for readers?
Taste, taste, taste. I can’t stress how important it is to taste dishes as you are producing them. Also simplicity is the key. Over-complicated dishes mess with the taste buds.
Who would you like to cook for?
I would love the opportunity to cook for the England football team when they bring home the world cup this year.